How Long Does it Take to Drain a Flooded Property?
SERVPRO Water Removal Services are Available Twenty-Four Hours-a-Day for Oceanside Residents
Oceanside is a collection of small towns and villages known as a hamlet in New York State's Nassau County. The region was first settled upon by English Puritans who originally named the area Christian Hook in 1674. Proximity to Long Beach and the eastern coast saw Christian Hook prosper as a prime spot for oysters and other marine trades, with Mott's Landing's prime location. By 1864 the town was renamed Oceanville, famous for sales of Oyster and other seafood-related products. It was not until 1890 that the hamlet gained its modern title of Oceanside.
From the twentieth century onward, Oceanside fulfilled much of the requirements of a bedroom community. Close connection to New York City via the Long Island Railway ensured that many larger cities' residents moved onto the shore side hamlet. The low-lying flat grounds around Oceanside have made it at a higher risk of extreme weather and flooding issues. These issues were brought to a head in 2012 when Hurricane Sandy had a devastating impact on the local community and commerce. Despite the high flood risk in the area, many residents have decided to stay put with minimal effect on housing prices.
- The Marine Study Conservation Area on Slice Drive is home to rare birds and wildlife that frequent the east coast of America. An abundance of local fish in the area ensures that the conserved nature continues to prosper while regular tours are available for residents and visitors.
- The Barrier Brewing Company on New Street has a rotating tap selection of up to twelve craft brews at any one time. One of the earliest Nathan's Famous restaurants is located on Long Beach Road, serving fresh seafood from the bay.
- Popular streets in Oceanside include Long Beach Road, Oceanside Road, and Atlantic Avenue. Despite primarily being a residential community, these few streets offer some excellent food options and nightlife as well as occasional live entertainment.
SERVPRO Can Address Water Intrusion Concerns with Professional Removal Equipment
Water intrusion can take a long time to clean up. Our service uses a roster of local, certified technicians to conduct superb water removal for Oceanside residents. We carefully assess the conditions in your home before putting in place a recovery gameplan. Our crew chiefs regularly work with local and national insurance adjusters to perform restoration and provide you with a verbal estimate as soon as possible. Large bodies of water can frequently be extracted using electrically powered pumps and portable water extractors.
- Water extraction units combine heating, vacuum, and dispersal elements to quickly draw water out of a residential property.
- We have several types of submersible pumps, including high-pressure pumps and self-priming trash pumps.
- Our proper drying techniques can help to reduce the likelihood of secondary damages caused by residual moisture.
Get a fast resolution to water intrusion issues. Contact SERVPRO of Long Beach / Oceanside for water removal at (516) 536-1801.