Are You Looking for Help with Fire Damage in Oceanside?
SERVPRO is Here To Help After Fire
Oceanside is a delightful hamlet in the state of New York. With a population of just 32,109, it is small enough to explore easily while still being convenient for the larger city of Hempstead.
Despite its name, Oceanside does not directly face the Atlantic. Long Beach Barrier Island and the strait of Reynolds Channel separate the hamlet from the sea. You might wonder why it is called Oceanside in that case. When settlers came to the area in 1674, they named their settlement “Christian Hook” to honor the predominant religion among the settlers. However, residents decided in the early nineteenth century that the town needed a more attractive name, and in 1864, they agreed on Oceanville. After the name became official, residents realized there was already an Oceanville in New York and re-named their town to Ocean Side in 1890. In 1918, townspeople condensed the name to Oceanside, and so it has remained.
Fun for all the family in Oceanside
Oceanside is famous for many things, including fresh oysters and nearby nature walks. One of the most attractive things about the town is how well it caters to families. If you are on a family vacation, you will not be bored. Some of the best attractions in and near Oceanside include:
- Just Escape offers fun, creative escape room events for all the family. You might find yourself trying to escape the mob or get out of an illusionist’s trap. Just Escape offers games for both kids and adults, and you can even book it as a party venue.
- Fun Station USA is perfect if the weather is terrible. This indoor attraction features bumper cars, a multi-level maze, laser tag, and arcade games. Kids of all ages can while away many happy hours here.
- Long Island Children’s Museum offers hands-on learning for kids. There are several permanent exhibits, including the ever-popular soap room filled with bubbles and a place to build sandcastles.
If you are craving some fresh air, take a trip to nearby Hempstead Lake State Park. You can bike or hike the trails or go for a more leisurely walk along the lakeshore. There is also a playground and a wooden carousel to amuse the children.
When it is time to stop for a snack, Oceanside does not disappoint. You can find everything from locally caught seafood to authentic Italian food and a wealth of adorable tea shops to satisfy your appetite.
SERVPRO helps Oceanside homes smell fresh after fire damage
One of the most upsetting parts of fire damage to your home is the lingering smoke smell. Fire odors can be tough to get rid of, and catching a whiff of smoke is an unpleasant reminder of what happened.
SERVPRO understands that your home simply does not feel like your own while it still stinks of smoke. That is why deodorization is a crucial part of our fire damage remediation process. Some of the options are:
- Odor fighting pellets, granules, or beads, which can mask or absorb odors.
- Water-based ULV misters to spread odor-fighting agents into every nook and cranny.
- Thermal fogging distributes a solvent-based agent, which we then leave for several hours or even overnight to do its job.
To get your home smelling fresh after a fire, call SERVPRO of Long Beach / Oceanside at (516) 536-1801.