Waterfront Properties in Oceanside Can Be at High Risk of Mold Damage.
SERVPRO of Long Beach / Oceanside has Applied Microbial Remediation Technicians (AMRT) to Clear and Disinfect your Property.
The communities in Oceanside are made up of ex-urbanites seeking a quieter life along the coast's serene beaches overlooking Long Beach. Train journeys into New York City are around 45 minutes from Long Beach, but many residents choose to remain in Oceanside's suburban comfort. Being in a close-knit community does not mean a secular one with residents welcoming road-trippers to our backyard beaches all year round. Despite a population of just 35,000 people, there is no shortage of arts, cultural events, and things to do along the coast. The eateries are diverse and specialize in fresh fish caught from the bay, while a trip up to the iconic Long Beach is a feast of fairway food and drink.
Whale watching can be observed from the edges of the nearby Long Beach, or you can take one of the many chartered barges from the local marina to catch a glimpse of dolphins and whales that frequent the bay in search of fresh fish. Oceanside is a relaxing getaway from the bustling New York but retains thriving cultural art, music, and surf culture. Our culinary fame comes from the delicious Oceanside oysters brought in droves from fishing vessels into the local waterfront restaurants and cafes. It was our oysters that led to the name Oceanside which came into being in the mid-19th century, changing over from the last name, Christian Hook.
• Whale watching tours set sail from the south shore near Oceanside with chartered companies, including American Princess Cruises and Long Island Whale Watching by Fire Island.
• The Marine Nature Study Area offers 52-acres of conservation projects that support the growth and study of wild sea life.
• From Oceanside, the beaches stretch from the Point Lookout across Long Beach and finally finishing at Atlantic to complete the south shore.
The Damaging Effects of Hurricane Sandy on Oceanside's Shoreline Community
The biggest natural disaster in living memory to strike our community was Hurricane Sandy in 2012. Hurricane Sandy's impact was mudslides, property damages, floods, and winds, which lasted for 9-days, killing over 100 people on the East Coast. The cost of property damages resulting from this super-storm is estimated to be $70 billion. Here in Oceanside, the southern side of town became utterly submerged in floodwaters. The community residents were forced to endure a two-week-long power outage while waiting for The Long Island Power Authority to return basic amenities to the desperate residents.
• The mega-storm formed in the Caribbean Sea and, within the first days, became classified as a category one storm- the most severe category.
• Hurricane Sandy moves North toward the United States East Coast, stretching out over 100 miles in radius.
• As Sandy pushes up, the East Coast flooding occurs in New Jersey while a separate pressure storm presses the Hurricane close to the mainland with winds blowing across over 1,000 miles of coastline.
• By October 30th Hurricane Sandy began to weaken after causing extensive damage to New Jersey, Staten Island, Brooklyn, Oceanside, and Manhattan.
Visiting Oceanside in Nassau County
A weekend road trip to Oceanside is undoubtedly worth the gas. Our community is home to some fantastic restaurants, including Chadwick's American Chop House & Bar, as well as Nathan's Famous Hotdogs recently moved to Long Beach Road. The Barrier Brewing Company has over a dozen craft beers with regular tasting sessions and free popcorn. On weekends this brewery offers live music and a range of delicious food-trucks to compliment your beers and popcorn. Fresh Fisheries include Peter's Clam Bar, Ben's Crab, and Michael's Porthole, where you can enjoy oysters overlooking the NYC skyline. These shellfish are typically caught the same morning and sold at the harbor before making their way on to your plate.
Taking a trip to the local pier in Masone's Beach Club Village offers sunset views over the bay with swimming and occasionally live music. The beach includes playgrounds for children, basketball courts as well as picnic areas, and barbecues. The village community has a 1.5 square mile area and around 5,000 year-round residents who live in the bungalows dotted along the shoreline. The name of this unique village community that lives in NYC's shadow comes from former Department of Works Superintendent Michael Massone, who devoted much of his life to preserving this stunning area of the coast for residents and visitors to enjoy.
SERVPRO Helps Oceanside Residents to Remediate and Disinfect Mold issues in their Homes. Contact us Right away at the First Signs of Mold Growth.
Microbial infestations can often creep up, with homeowners remaining unaware of their presence until a late stage. If you notice persistent musty odors in your home or dampness, it could be a mold growth issue. Our services use safe techniques to identify and remove mold colonies from the house. Typically, mold issues occur as the result of a moisture problem. Our technicians can find the source of this issue and correct the moisture problem using a combination of air-moving and dehumidification equipment. We can remove non-salvageable materials from your property while pressure washing or removing molds from non-porous and semi-porous materials. Remediating a home with mold growth requires significant expertise and training.
• Our technicians can remove infested materials such as drywall, carpeting, or fabrics. We dispose of these materials correctly before reinstalling the new drywall. Non-porous items can typically be restored using immersion cleaning or mechanical washing.
• We are happy to work alongside industrial hygienists and indoor environmental specialists to ensure your home returns to a sanitary state. Alternatively, our team can work under the Environmental Protection Agency's guidelines to perform the necessary restoration of your home.
• Our crew chiefs can advise on protecting your home from future issues with our outstanding services, such as vapor barrier installation.
If you notice or suspect that there is a mold issue affecting your property, contact SERVPRO of Long Beach / Oceanside at (516) 536-1801.