What it Takes to Turn Around Kitchen Fire Damage in Long Beach
Long Beach homeowners, SERVPRO will turn your Kitchen fire damage around.
Kitchen fires are one of the most common causes of fire damage in homes. A careless moment leaving an unattended pan on a stove or a roast in a too-hot oven burning are standard reasons. Another frequently seen source of this type of fire is frozen items such as a turkey placed in hot oil. The ice turns to steam immediately and fires up the blaze, which can spread quickly.
Fire damage to a Long Beach kitchen leaves behind several challenges for SERVPRO technicians. In the case of a forgotten pan of grease, the fast-moving fire left smoke damage and charred debris to clean up along with much-needed odor control.
The technicians approach every job-site with equal parts, professionalism, and compassion for the loss the homeowners have suffered. They work to restore as much as possible through their cleaning agents and techniques to help homeowners avoid the replacement costs for items damaged in the fire.
First Actions After Fire Loss
To limit the spread of soot to other areas of the home, technicians can put up barriers to stop the spread of odorous residue. They remove charred items such as the stove and exhaust hood and other things too damaged for restoration. Any items removed as a loss get documented for photos and detailed descriptions to expedite insurance claims.
Professional Cleaning Agents and Techniques
Not all smoke residues are the same and require various types of techniques for a successful outcome. Thick, greasy residues often need a cleaner with a solvent base to release their grip on surfaces while dry, powdery smoke residues require a light hand and the use of cleaning tools such as dry cleaning sponges. Using wet agents has the potential to drive this type of residue deeper into surfaces.
Professional Odor Control Methods
It is impossible to burn candles or spray enough odor-covering products over the residual odors of a kitchen fire. SERVPRO technicians have different applications to neutralize odors at the molecular level leaving the kitchen without a hint of the smoke odor.
SERVPRO of Long Beach / Oceanside is available 24/7 at (516) 536-1801. The technicians have extensive training and access to equipment to make the fire loss in the home, "Like it never even happened."
To find out more about Long Beach, click here.