Does Your Long Beach Commercial Space Struggle With Water Damage?
Addressing Commercial Water Damage in a Long Beach Restaurant
In the US alone, water damage is the second most common category of commercial insurance claim filed. Whether the source is a loose seal, faulty roofing, or a cracked pipe, water damage to your facilities can be costly to repair without proper mitigation. For restaurants, this can pose additional challenges. If a leak affects your food storage, for example, this can cost hundreds or even thousands of dollars to replace supplies after cleaning out your inventory space.
If you have an eatery that has suffered water damage in Long Beach, you have options. An IICRC-certified SERVPRO firm can send technicians to your business within hours of your call to return your facilities to a preloss condition. These professionals specialize in everything from disinfecting with OSHA-approved cleaners to odor control, so you can get a deep clean that is done to code.
Protecting Your Assets from Water Damage
Here are some tips for protecting your inventory from water damage:
- Draw up a comprehensive inventory and take note of items in potentially risky areas.
- Keep vulnerable items at least two to three feet above the floor and away from sinks, pipes, dishwashers, and other water sources.
- Keep a backup storage plan for emergencies. Partner with a sister restaurant if possible so you can store perishables and other goods in a safe refrigerated space.
- Fill staff members in on the plan, so they know what is expected of them when water damage occurs. Roles can include protecting food items during the shift or moving supplies to an emergency storage location.
- Keep a list of emergency procedures and contacts. If you are not on-site when a disaster occurs, make sure team members know whom to contact to repair damages.
How SERVPRO Restores Your Business
SERVPRO technicians act quickly to remove water from your facilities so you can go back to business as usual. While water extraction is crucial to successful drying, disinfection with safe cleaning products is another important step in safeguarding your business. Technicians can use EPA-registered, pH-neutral cleaners on hard flooring surfaces as well as walls to sanitize your space without harmful chemicals and dyes.
SERVPRO of Long Beach / Oceanside supports local businesses by being Faster to Any Size Disaster. If your business required disaster cleanup any time of the day or night, call (516) 536-1801.
Click here for more information about the city of Long Beach.