Moisture or Humidity in your Home? Count on SERVPRO of Long Beach/Oceanside
Warm weather is quickly approaching us! Having a lot of humid weather can not only be uncomfortable in your home it can also pose a threat to your homes structure and surfaces.
Here are some helpful tips on how to cut excess humidity from your home for this upcoming summer:
- Install vent fans in your kitchen and bathroom
- Keep surface areas dry
- Use ceiling fans to help with air circulation
- Run a dehumidifier as often as possbile
- Cover dirt floors in crawl spaces with a plastic vapor barrier
- seal air and duct leaks
- Choose house plants that adsorb moisture from the air such as Reed Palm, Spider Plant or Boston Ferns
- Air dry your clothes or make sure your dryer is vented outside
- Keep all air-conditioning drip pans and drain lines clean and clear
- Fix all leaky pipes and faucets
- Avoid activities that can add moisture to the air. Such as hot showers or using the stove/oven.
If your home has a flood or excess moisture is trapped in it be sure to contact SERVPRO of Long Beach/Oceanside at 516-536-1801!