Protect your Long Beach/Oceanside Home from Dryer Fires
Did you know that you are at higher risk of having a clothes dryer dire if you do not clean your lint filter and dryer vents.
Follow these simple safety tips from FEMA to prevent your home from a clothes dryer fire:
- Make sure your dryer is installed and serviced by a professional.
- Do not use the dryer without a lint filter. Clean the lint filter before and after each cycle.
- Do not forget to clean the back of the dryer where lint can build up.
- Check the venting systme behind the dryer to make sure that it is not damaged, crushed or restricted.
- Make sure that the outdoor vent covering opens when your dryer is operating.
If your home has been affected by a dryer fire contact SERVPRO of Long Beach/Oceanside at 516-536-1801.